Businesses need seamless communication to keep things running smoothly. Any organization concerned about cost-effectiveness and efficiency of communication is most likely aware of Voice over Internet Protocol telephone system.
VoIP is equipped with excellent features and can satisfy the company’s communication needs. VoIP is a reliable technology that lets people place calls over the internet connection. With the advent of broadband, it has become a preferred choice for businesses and as a service for consumers.
Why Use VoIP?
VoIP phone service is an excellent addition to the communication system of a business. Here are some key benefits it has to offer:
- VoIP can transmit multiple phone calls on one broadband phone line. The voice-over IP has the ability to facilitate adding telephone to companies without adding any new phone lines. It makes VoIP scalable and cost-effective.
- Features such as caller ID, automatic dialing, call forwarding, etc. are a standard part of VoIP. Telecommunication companies often charge extra for the features that are a standard part of Voice over IP.
- The features offered by Voice over IP are simple to understand and configure.
- VoIP is cost-effective as compared to traditional phone systems. Users can benefit from free calls and low rates while making long-distance and international calls.
- Companies can enhance customer service by using VoIP as it can help in boosting the efficiency and productivity of their employees.
- It makes it easier to work with remote workers
How Does VoIP Phone Service Work?
To understand the benefits and uses of VoIP it is essential to know how it works. The workings of an average VoIP phone are almost similar to an analog phone. The outlook of the VoIP is just like the phone on your desk but it is better equipped to establish communication.
Establishing A Connection
- The phone is connected to the router or switch in the Local Area Network (LAN).
- When you dial a landline number, the IP phone tells the VoIP service to reach out to the other party.
- The VoIP service you are using will establish the call and exchange data packets from the IP phone.
- The VoIP phones convert the digital signals back to the sound that you get to hear.
Different From Ordinary Telephone Service
VoIP uses packets so it has the ability to carry much more information over the network. It can enhance and support the communication needs of an organization. It provides traditional voice services and offers access to advanced applications that can help the employees become more productive and agile.
The VoIP solutions designed for businesses have changed into unified communication services that offer all the essential tools for communication including voice mail, web conferences, phone calls, web conferences, faxes, etc.
No Need For Expensive Copper Wire
VoIP uses the internet to make calls so they use the internet connection of the office to establish a connection to the network. If the office already has Ethernet, you will not need to install any additional copper wiring. To make phone calls through VoIP you will have to register the VoIP to your account. It will connect to the phone.
Some VoIP providers allow IP phone booting for some VoIP phones which speed up the registration process by using a boot server. It takes less than half an hour to register the system to the account and as soon as registration is done, the phones become active.
A Regular Outlook
The appearance of the VoIP phones is just like the regular ones present on office desks. The VoIP phones have pretty much the same speaker locations, button placements, receivers, and handsets. The keypad has buttons for conference, redial, mute, hold, speakerphone and voicemail. So using VoIP is easy and simple. The thing that sets these phones apart from the traditional ones used in offices is their ability to offer HD voice.
The Toggle Buttons
The VoIP phones have some extra buttons known as toggle buttons. These buttons make the handling of phone calls slightly different from regular phones. VoIP allows you to pick between held, current, and incoming calls with the help of toggle buttons.
Each line on the VoIP is associated with a user account or SIP address. The features may differ with the model of the phone as well. Some models can simultaneously handle multiple users allowing you to take calls from different numbers and accounts on the VoIP phones.
VoIP phone services allow companies to undergo effective in streamlining the networks. It can route thousands of calls through an IP gateway and circuit switch without putting too much pressure on the bandwidth.
IP telephony is going to have a bright future because it has the capacity to fulfill economic and infrastructure requirements.